Click on the link below to access the IRCTC login page. Enter your username and password in the form located on the top left corner of that page and click on the login button.
After logging in to your account, you can either check Train Times / Seat Availability by using the ‘Plan my Travel‘ feature or cancel your existing bookings by clicking on the ‘Booking History‘ button.
IRCTC Registration and Sign Up
- First, go to the official website www.irctc.co.in.
- Click on the Sign up located on the homepage below the IRCTC login form.
- Enter all the information such as Name, Age, Address, Date of Birth, Valid Mobile number, e.t.c.
- After filling all the mandatory forms, enter the captcha code and click on the Sign up button.
- You shall receive a e-mail verification link to your mail inbox and a verification code to your number.
- Click on the link to verify your account. Now, you have to enter the verification code sent to your mobile.
- After signing in to your account, you can start booking tickets or use train enquiry features.
Features of IRCTC
It is the only portal which facilitates Tatkal bookings / reservations. Tickets in the tatkal quota are opened for booking, 3 days prior to the journey date. This allows you to have a decent chance to get a last minute train reservation. In addition to booking tickets, you can also check your PNR Status, view Seat Availability and Railway train schedule. You can also calculate fare for any specific train or class.
IRCTC lite version is the most recent addition to the website’s infrastructure. Due to the huge traffic volume during tatkal registration period, webpage takes several minutes to load. This lite version improves the loading speed significantly by removing unnecessary images, links, banner advertisements, e.t.c.
Indian Railways has recently released an IRCTC mobile website. It has also launched an official app for Windows Phones. However, Android and iOS versions aren’t available yet.
Click here to check IRCTC PNR Status of your booking.
IRCTC Seat Availability Check
If you want to check Train Availibility between two stations on a particular date, you can use IRCTC’s plan my travel feature. First, login to your account and click on the Plan my travel button indicated with an icon.
Now, enter the origin and destination stations names / codes and select the date, class of journey and quota. Click ‘Find trains’. All the available trains between your origin and destination stations will be displayed.
You can click on a specific train name to check the seat availability. If the seats are available or enlisted under Waiting list / RAC, you can book your seat by clicking on the ‘Book’ button. You will be redirected to a payment gateway, where you can select a method of payment to pay for your ticket fare.
If you have any problems with IRCTC login, just refresh the page and try again.