There is a huge competition for everything in India, even for train seats. Even after the revamp and new design of IRCTC website, the login and booking process is still slow and buggy during the tatkal booking period. So, follow these tips to increase your chances of a successful tatkal booking.
IRCTC Tatkal bookings are based on first come first serve basis. Generally during festive seasons and weekends, all the seats get booked within minutes. So timing is extremely important if you want to win the Tatkal race.
Most of the time is consumed in the form filling process (Passenger / Journey details). You can use an automated form filling tool to save that time. Magic Auto Fill by Amit Agarwal is the best autofill tool created for IRCTC.
- It is very simple to use. Just click here to access Magic AutoFill.
- Click on the Reservation Form button to enter the details. You can also watch a Video demo.
- Fill in the required details like Passenger Name, Age, Sex, Food, ID, e.t.c.
- After filling, click on ‘I’m Feeling Lucky‘ button located at the bottom.
- You are almost done. Just drag the ‘Magic AutoFill‘ button to your bookmarks toolbar.
- When you are at the IRCTC reservation form, just click on the Autofill button on your bookmarks toolbar.
Register multiple accounts or loan an account from your friend to increase your chances significantly. Use different browsers and even preferably different computers to use these accounts simultaneously. You cannot use a single account simultaneously in different browsers because IRCTC doesn’t allow multiple login.
Use a good and fast browser like Google Chrome and Opera Turbo to increase your odds significantly. These browsers load webpages at a lightning fast speed giving you an edge over other users. If your internet connection is slow, switch to a better connection for better chances.
Click here for a faster alternative to IRCTC sign in.
You can use an Indian Proxy Sever located near the IRCTC servers. By using proxy, website loads faster because of latency and faster server response time. You can get a list of great Indian Proxy servers here. Only use proxy connection if you are familiar with it.
- First go to Control Panel -> Internet Properties or Settings -> Network Settings (In your browser).
- Click on the Connections tab and then on the Settings button.
- Check ‘Use Manual Proxy Settings‘ option and enter your proxy IP and port in these forms.
- Click OK and restart your browser.
After a lot of efforts and failed attempts to make the IRCTC website more efficient and faster loading, CRIS (Indian Railways) has finally come up with something useful and working. This next generation e-ticketing version (NGET) is basically a more user friendly and faster loading alternative version to the traditional website . Most of the users reported a better experience even during the Tatkal booking hours.
To Login to the Next Generation e-ticketing Journey planner / NGET IRCTC page, Enter your username and password in the form below. It is fast, safe and secure way to login to your account (We never store any details).
About NGET IRCTC e-Ticketing Website
I was quite surprised to see the new version released without any prior announcement. As I logged into my account, i was notified that we are being migrated to the new version and a link was provided for printing / filing / cancelling tickets booked through the older version of the website.
The latest eticketing system is lightning fast and works very efficient in my personal experience. In the past, it was nearly impossible to even login to my account during the tatkal booking period. Now, it is quite simple and easy to view the train and seat availability and book tickets without any hassle.
Indian Railways might have upgraded the server capacity and optimized the website for faster loading. It even placed captcha system to prevent spam and bots from loggging in. As soon as i enter my journey details, available trains are displayed within seconds and seat availability is displayed instantly.
Another notable update in NGET IRCTC e-ticketing website is, it has moved the option for selecting the quota (Tatkal or General) to the next page. So, now you can check the number of seats available in both quotas without having to go back and refresh the page.
What’s new in NGET IRCTC
- Option for selecting the Quota (General / Tatkal) was moved the next page of Journey planner.
- Advertisements and unnecessary links were removed.
- The website is tweaked to display results instantly.
- Last but not least, this next generating e-ticketing website loads lightning fast.
In conclusion, i can say that the latest version is performing really well and ‘Acche Din‘ have come atleast for railway users.
IRCTC shopping is the new addition to the IRCTC website. It was launched last year in partnership with yebhi.com which features the same layout and catalog of Yebhi. You can shop online across various categories like Footwear, Clothing, Decor, Electronics, Mobile phones, e.t.c. at shop.irctc.co.in. [click to continue…]
Click on the link below to access the IRCTC login page. Enter your username and password in the form located on the top left corner of that page and click on the login button. [click to continue…]